2009. augusztus 2., vasárnap

Introduction

Hello. I'm Gábor Both from Hungary. I will use the nickname "Roach" here, because my real name is not really artistical and it's hard to type ("both" is a word with a meaning, lot of people can't write á on english keyboards, and in Hungary, names are swapped, so I'm called Both Gábor here...that's why the nickname) I don't have any nicknames other than fantasy names, so I will stick with that. Plus I get to use a bug as a mascot and ComicRoach nearly sounds as cockroach. Back to me.
I study stained glass art, but I want to work with comics. Since I got my first Donald Duck magazine at age 6, I wanted to make them (So I gave up my dream of becoming a fireman. Heh, childhood.) I was drawing comics in afterschool childcare (mostly using lego minifigures or Jazz Jack Rabbit as characters) and I had a full "comic book" done at age 9, drawn in a green notebook with the adventures of Vilfred, the bat. At 11, I got a prize for a coloured page of Bionicle (Lego) comic, that was an official success. (Grandmoms patting your head do not count)
Since then I was only a reader, mostly manga, but a book at age 16 made me realize my childhood dreams once again. It was Scott McCloud's book, "Making Comics". I had to walk the way for the bookstore twice because I did not have money with me, but I had to get that book in instant and that book was the best buy in my life, and I learned very much from Scott. (His website is also useful, scottmccloud.com) Since then I was learning, tried to improve both my drawing skills and my knowledge of comics, too. This one and half month of summer vacation was spent with reading and studying, (about comics) but my plan is to have my own comic started by September.
I have thoughts about comic making, and I know enough to start making guides, and I have opinions about lot of webcomics. (No kidding, I visit like 20 webcomics in 2-3 days, plus some I check daily...) Also, I want my comic started sometime soon, so I will have to write up a story, start designing characters, making the webpage...
Logical choice was starting up this blog to share everything.
Sharing my reviews about comics, my progress with my own comic, guides for other comic makers, etc.

"Comic Roach", starting up.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése